This page provides an overview of the certification process and requirements.
Clever wants to help you design and build an excellent integration so that you can deliver an unparalleled experience for the users that you serve. We want to make sure that when you go live with Clever, we're delivering the best possible experience for both your customers and your team.
It's important that integrations are secure, resilient, and scalable. To that end, based on our experience working with application partners across the country, we've devised a set of core requirements that integrations must meet in order to connect with live districts and access production data, including user records and enrollment information.
The specific requirements for each are detailed below.
After you build and test your integration with a Clever development app, we ask you to submit a survey answering key questions about how it works. We then review your survey responses and your integration for architectural best practices.
- Connect with real school districts
- Give your customers confidence in the quality of your integration
- Allow districts to search for your application in their dashboard
- Gain access to marketing assets and training
- Be featured in the Clever Application Gallery
- Earn certification image assets you can use on your website
- Earn a Clever Partner trade show certificate
To be eligible for Certification, you’ll need to have built an integration with a development application on Clever using at least one of:
- Instant Login (Single sign-on)
- Secure Sync (Rostering)
Here is a flowchart of the certification process (click to expand):
The time it takes to build an integration with Clever varies depending on your business needs, data model, and technical constraints.
Once you have built a Clever integration, you may submit to become certified. After you submit your certification, our Partner Engineering team will review your integration in accordance with our Certification requirements. This typically takes 5 business days but times can vary depending on availability. You’ll receive an email as soon as we finish reviewing your integration with your certification results and recommended next steps. If needed, we will schedule a call to go over the integration in greater detail.
Certification is good for one school year, and applications get re-certified each year before Back to School in preparation for the new school year. After the first year, we follow up with a survey to see if your integration has changed since the previous year.
In order to build your integration and submit for certification, you’ll need to:
- Create a development app in Clever
- Submit your application icon during application setup (square vector file, typically in SVG or AI format)
- Review the certification requirements for the integrations you are building:
- Read through our API documentation and begin building your integration!
Updated 9 months ago
Review the certification requirements for the integrations you plan to build: